So, I think I have a little bit to much "Shayla Time" I am getting kind of bored of just hanging out and not really doing anything. I look forward to going to class 3 days a week, and volunteering in the Special Ed department for a few hours every Thursday at the college. I just went out on the town today again just to get out of the house and see what else I could find in this small town of Campbell River. When I first got here one thing I noticed was you can't get anything here for a dollar (besides the use of a shopping cart). They have never even heard of The Red Box before, and getting a movie at blockbuster cost seriously like $6-$8. Getting a movie for a dollar would change their world. All the fast food places DO NOT sell anything for a dollar. Today, I was out and about and I saw McDonald's and I thought "I should see if they have a dollars menu" I went through the drive-thru and I asked if they had a dollar menu and she was like ( While I was at the speaker I thought it was a man, but when I got to the window I found otherwise) anyway She kindly said "oh that's the $1.39 menu". These Canadians, so expensive. It's killing me. If you notice the other language on the package is not Spanish. It's French. It's a nice change to have a different language I can't read.
Then I just went looking around and I found out that Campbell River does have a mall. It has ten to maybe 15 stores of which a couple are going under. It's so sad. I talked to a lady in the mall, I told her this was the smallest mall I had ever seen and she explained to me that is used to be the big deal. Two major paper mills were shut down and people moved away and Zellers bought out Kmart and ever since then a lot of the families have moved out of town and a lot of retired people have moved in. I thought that is so sad. I guess that explains why the mall isn't as hopping as it once was.
4 comments:
i love your purpose. that is fantastic. congrats on the sprinkle find. :)
Those sprinkles do look good!
Haha. Sprinkles. You would.
Shayla Matthews! Things really ARE expensive up there...oh well, the price of adventure, right? Any luck yet on finding that butcher of yours? That should be your next day out--going from butcher shop to butcher shop to find "the one". Haha. Have fun! You're missed!
Post a Comment