Saturday, January 16, 2010

I have been in Canada for 1 week. It has gone by pretty fast for not having anything to do. This next week things will pick up a little. I have one class, the next week the rest start. Today I went to the ward activity. It was the Olympics. It was so so much fun. We were split into 4 teams there were about 5 or 6 people in each group. We all competed in several events such as: bowling with pop bottles, shot put with bean bags, discus with frisbee's, javelin with chop sticks, gymnastics with a limbo competition, and at the end floor hockey. This was hockey like I have never seen. It was so funny. Each team had a corner and with a goal (two chairs) and then there was like 6 or 7 balls in the middle and everyone just went for it for about 10 min. You tried to get as many goal as possible. I saw two old men rolling on the floor fighting for one of the balls trying to get it in the goals. It was so so much fun. One thing that is weird is we have a half Church building. They don't have a gym so the only big room they have is the Chapel and it's a multi-purpose room. It was weird playing games in there.
This was my team, we tied with another team. We were super good!!
Align CenterI don't know who came up with the name I missed that part.
This is just about it, minus a few people that didn't make it in the picture. One of the missionaries is trying to do the shot put. This Elder was so excited for me to be in the ward because I am from Utah and so is he.

2 comments:

Ray and Lisa said...

It looks like a good time was had by all!!!

Anonymous said...

haha. That looks like our building!! They do the front half of a church building and then when a branch grows into a big enough ward they add onto the back to make it a full-sized building. And it's totally weird to do dances and activities in the chapel!