Monday, February 1, 2010

JANUARY = THE LONGEST MONTH OF MY LIFE!!!! I welcome February with open arms. I can't believe that I have been in Canada for 3 weeks. Heather down stairs says "it feels like you have been here for 3 years not 3 weeks, in a good way. You fit in really well with our family" She is so nice. It does feel like longer. School is finally under way. I am really enjoying my classes. This morning I had to call Kyle at Cleggs auto to find my a used part for my car. They apparently didn't get many Geo Prizms here in Canada because they can't find the part. That means another week with no car. LAME-O. I can't wait to walk home from school today. HA!! It will all work out. Last Night for Sunday dinner I had dinner with Devin and Jeanne and they had Deborah over and that was really fun. Deborah is the lady that got me all set up here with the school and she goes over and beyond to help us foreigners. She has two kids and they came too. We talked to her about the Church and we think she would be a great Member. She said she would like to come Church with us. Missionaries watch out!!

I made a little camera case. I was really board and this is the only fabric I have. It was fun to do. I love my skylight window.
I made this little treat for my Sunday dinner with the Willky's. I tried it out for the first time. It's was okay but it's not my favorite treat. It's sugar cookie (which I love sugar cookies) and then melted chocolate chips and milk and then you top it with your favorite goodies. The colorful things are called smarties. They are kind of like M&M's but not a good.


My oven broke. I don't know how. I didn't do it. It just stopped working. It's a little old. New oven....I love it. It's so nice.
This day was oh so foggy. I have never walked right through fog. It feels like it's raining but your in a cloud. I love it. This is the view out my back window and it reminds me of the morning when Mr. Darcey meets Elizabeth at the end of the movie and I just keep look out for Mr. Darcey. Sadly he never came...but that's okay. Maybe next time.
I love putting these socks on and sliding round on my floor. It's gets me from one end of the room to the other quicker....I'm pretty sure.

3 comments:

The Oman Family said...

I love the skylight! That would be so nice! It looks beautiful up there. Sorry about your car! Good luck with school.

Anonymous said...

That is unfortunate about your car...so sad! I am jealous of your skylight, that is so cool! And I think you got a good deal out of your oven breaking.

Keep the lookout for Mr. Darcy... ;-)

Love you and miss you!

Alison Spencer said...

Ew. I hate smarties. One thing Canada definitely does NOT have going for them...