Thursday, March 13, 2008

What? Shayla, trying new things?

This is not news to most of you but I am a big fan of NOT trying new things, mostly in the food section of my life. Well this past week I have tried some new things on for size.
For example:

-I have a new job (and no it's not at KneeShorts)
-I stopped drinking juice and Gatorade
-I am trying to deal with my sugar addiction I am eating fruit instead
-I am eating fruit
-I am riding my bike with boys and they see me in my biking shorts (Now that is a big deal)
-I am trying to write on my blog more
-I am waking up before or right at 7A.M. (One of the hardest things in the world to do)

These are just a few of the few things that I am trying. It is hard to believe that is only takes 24 years to do some of these things that are so great. I think we all have a long list of things we all want to try. Here are some things I would like to try new sometime soon.

-Go out with the same guy at least 3 times (He asking all 3 times of course)
-Not working at all on the weekend
-Go to a ward activity (I can never go because I work every weekend night)
-Graduating with an associates degree (April 25Th baby)

"Don't fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have."
en.thinkexist.com

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love your blog, I read it almost everyday! I hope all is going well, and good job on the eating fruit instead of sugar, it really works.

smalltoes said...

You are to nice. I love your blog as well. You crazy champions.

The Oman Family said...

That is great that you are trying new things. Its scary, but I have been doing it too.

Dionne said...

Way to go, SHAYLA!! What kind of fruit do you like???