I have a lot of stuff that went on this weekend and I will tell you about it tomorrow. But today I am celebrating something that is exciting for me. Today is two years from my last day of treatment at the Huntsman Cancer Hospital. Two years ago was my last day of radiation therapy. My Mom, Grandma Tenney, and my sister Alicia went on the last day to see what was really going down. It was a good day and the staff was so nice. They gave me a blanket and card and I got my picture taken with a graduation hat on and they gave me a certificate and sent me on my way. I know my week of radiation was hard on me and wore me out but it is nothing compared to what others have to go through with chemotherapy and heavier doses of radiation. I know, and have met people that have gone through so much more than me and have survived and I am grateful to know them and share our experiences together. Every March 31 I will celebrate one more year. I am so grateful for my loving family that helped me through a very difficult time in my life and I definitely could have never done it without my mom and dad by my side. My mom did everything that I had to do. For example if I could not eat because of a test or something crazy like that my mom would not eat either so that I would not have to do it alone. I never felt alone during the whole crazy time. (Except maybe the first day when dear Dr. Pratt told me the “good” news). If one of my family members was not present for hospital reasons, I know that my Heavenly Father was there the whole time. He helped me get through the hardest time of my life.
4 comments:
Congrats Shayla! That is such a great milestone. I am so glad that all is going well for you. It sounds like your family was really helpful.
Glad you are with us still and I had the chance to get to meet you. What would my life be without Shay-Shay?
Anna-
Thank you dear! Yeah my family is pretty much amazing.
J-J
Well I am glad that I have had the chance to meet you too. Csz would not be the same without you.
Congrats on your 2 year mark Shayla!! Yeah to be tumor free still.
Post a Comment