Friday, November 14, 2008

Thank Goodness for Doctor Randall -

I went to see my cancer doctor, Doctor Randall, at the Huntsman Cancer Hospital on Monday and two really good things happened. The resident doctor was so cute but of course I made a fool out of myself (he didn't have a wedding ring on so I can say that). And then the BIG news, my doctor said that I never have to see him again! So, we basically broke up and I was totally OK with that. I do have to go see the radiologist, but only because I am her first patient with this rare tumor and she told me that she only wants me to come back so her resident doctors will see that this really does only happen once in a million. So, I am basically research. I guess that's what I get for donating my tumor to science. Even though I only went once a year it is a big weight off my shoulders, that I don't have to go back. I guess in the back of my mind, if I had to go see him, that still meant there was a chance of something bad happening. So, now all my fears can go away for good. Thank you for all of your support that I have had over the past couple of years! They have been hard and you all have helped ease the pain. Thank you!!

3 comments:

The Oman Family said...

That is awesome news Shayla! I am so happy for you. That is great that you donated the tumor to science to. You really are amazing!!

Megan said...

i am so happy for you!! no more cancer doctor!! hey, here is my blog address: robinsonmegan.blogspot.com. enjoy!

made sweet said...

yay!!! that is such good news! so glad to hear it. also, I actually don't know matt clayton, a friend of mine just showed me his stuff and I loved it.!