Monday, June 16, 2008

SUMMER GAMES 2008

Ummm..... I was at In and Out waiting for dinner. I was also really really tired.
This is down by a little river by where Alicia lives.
(If you double click on the pictures they will come up bigger)
We are on our way for an adventure that we really didn't know what was going to happen.
So, Laurel and I were pretty excited that we were going to look like real Triathlon athletes because they mark you with marker. Yeah the number is your age and the "S" is because we were in the sprint.
Alicia just found out that I ran with my camera in the 10 K and this is what she thought about that.
Desree, excited to try In and Out for the first time
Laurel, excited to try In and Out for the first time ever
Here are our feet before the six miles ahead before they started to hurt

Me- Scott -Laurel

I took my camera with me when I was running. It was awesome.

Here is Desree, Laurel, and me. We are waiting for our dinner. We went to Godfathers Pizza for dinner in Cedar City. Can anyone say carbo load. We had a 10K (6.2 miles) in the morning.

The weekend of fun and adventure all started on a Thursday when Laurel, Desree, and I started our drive to St. George to compete in the Utah Summer Games 2008. We arrived in St. George at about 8P.M..
Where my dear sweet little sister and her husband let us crash for a couple of days. On our way we stopped in Cedar City to pick up our packets and eat dinner. When we got to Alicia's we went to Wal-mart and got Saved By The Bell seasons 3 and 4, and Reba season 3. Then we stayed up ridiculously late and watched some Saved By The Bell. My attraction to Zack is not as strong as it was when I was oh, lets say 10 years old. The next morning was race day. The races started at 7A.M.. I don't know why I stay up so late and why they start the races so early. We woke up about 5:45 well ok that's when the alarm went off. We got out of bed around 6. Then we had to go pick up Scott at his sister's house and then drive back to Cedar City. The race went well. I was surprised that I came in under an hour. It was like 30 seconds under but it was under. Laurel fished in like 48 min. and Scott finished at about 51 min. After that we dropped Scott off and the girls went home and slept for about 5 or 6 hours. Then we went shopping and ate at In and Out. Oh yeah and watched a lot more Saved By the Bell.
Triathlon
We had to wake up way early again. We didn't have to drive as far which was nice. We got there and checked in and got our numbers and they wrote on us. The sprint/relay swimmers were the last ones in the lake. The swim which Desree did a great job at was about 1/2 a mile. Then she came out and tagged me and I rode my bike for about 13 miles which took me about 50min. My favorite part is that I was passing people while going up the big hill. Then I came in and tagged Laurel and she was off and it only took her about 25 min to run the 5k. And that was that. We didn't place or anything but we did finish and that's what we were there for. It was so much fun. I am still trying to catch up on my sleep. Gas was the most expensive thing we did on this trip but it was all worth it.

5 comments:

The Oman Family said...

That sounds like a fun weekend. Way to go doing a 10k and then a triathlon. You are amazing Shayla!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! Sounds like you guys had fun and did well. I need to come to CSZ to see you soon. Maybe this weekend!

Teachinfourth said...

So, was somebody chasing you? Was that why you were running? ;)

Teachinfourth said...

BTW, I just had to tell you that I've been listening to your playlist for the past two days nonstop. You've got some great music there!

tatertot11 said...

First of all, no way! I've totally been to that Godfather's Pizza in CC, like twice!!

Second of all, did Laurel like Inn'N'Out??

Third of all, WHAT?? There's an Inn'N'Out in Utah???

Fourth of all, I love how the songs on your playlist, plus looking at your blog, totally takes me back to winter semester, and makes me realize how much I miss it!!! Especially that last week of late night pool excursions, listening to "Beautiful Girls" over and over, and of course camping in the living room! Ahhhhhh, I miss you all so much!!

Fifth of all, you should really get into Harry Potter.