Sunday, March 7, 2010

Life is funny sometimes. Today, was kind of a rough day for me. Yesterday I didn't get everything done that I wish I would have. So, today I feel like I have so much to do before tomorrow. Sometimes I feel like I have so much to do it's hard to do anything at all. I taught Sunday School today. It was on Eternal Marriage. It was a hard lesson for me to teach. Most of you know I have a hard time expressing myself and a lot of times that fact comes out in my teaching. I had to rush home to get to a group get together for school. They swear, eat out, and don't really treat Sundays like Sunday's (to me) should be treated. Sometimes it's hard to be different. I am not saying I would like to do those things on Sunday or any day of the week just I wish I could socialize with people that had the same standards as I have. Then, I had to rush back to Campbell River, which on the way back I got completely lost and it's just frustrating not knowing whether you are going North or South or what the crap you're doing. I got home by the time I was suppose to be at the Church for a dinner before the fireside broadcast. I, of course ate rice, and that's it. I hate being a picky eater and I hate how people always comment on it. I don't comment on that fact that you're not a picky eater. Just let me be, with my little pile of rice even though it is fast Sunday and I was starving. And yes, the juice had carbonation in it, so water it was. Then we go into the RS room to watch the CES fireside and there was my home on T.V. I was getting quite homesick. While I was watching, I couldn't help notice I was the only one there without a husband, and my best friend was at that exact fireside with a guy I had a bit of a crush on last semester. Of course, I don't mind because things would have never worked out anyway. It was just a good thing to think about instead of walking over to the guy that was at the fireside that hasn't shut up since the second I walked in. Later, after the fireside, his wife mentioned that their marriage has really suffered and I just sat there wondering why?....He's the type of guy that always has to one up you on every story. It's ridiculous and annoying. While helping clean the dishes the ladies are like "Shayla you coming on Tuesday?" It's the RS woman's appreciations of women dinner and then some lady walks in and is like "your suppose to bring your husband, right?" All I could do was laugh, because that's what I do when I don't know what else to do or try to keep my thoughts to myself. Did I mention when I got to Church this morning some guy was sitting in MY SEAT. I sit there every week and this person has seen me sit there because he's the guy at Church that always staring at me. The one that just left his wife and three kids. Yeah, story of my life. Heather is always like "Shayla, he won't stop looking at you". It bothers her more than me because I just avoid the side of the room he is on so I never know if he is looking or not. Most of you know me pretty well and you know when I get real quite and you always ask "what's wrong Shayla?" and I always say "Nothing, just thinking" well today has been one of those days. I have NO idea what I am going to do this summer or what I want to do. I just want to go home and see my little Mom and have her tell me what's best for me. I miss my family, friends, and America....

This is what I look like in deep thought!!
The wine fest is crazy I have cut out about 100 stars from cardboard. My thumb hurts from the scissors. I am now certified to serve alcohol in British Columbia!!
These are most of my pictures of my feet and where they have taken me in this fine world!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shayla I'm so sorry! It sucks to have a bad day AND be away from home... Totally understand. SLEEP- that always helps me (even if you think I don't).
And CHOCOLATE- the ever potent cure.

Cute shoes btw! I miss you.
Keshia

Unknown said...

Chin up!!! It's just a little while longer until pizza and movies are back!!!

Ray and Lisa said...

Tomorrow will be a better day! Love, MOM

Meridith said...

Shayla, I love you and Paige does too who's sitting right next to me. I'm sorry about your rough day. I hope your week gets better!!