Monday, March 22, 2010

The fuss and the stress of the wine fest are finally over. The wine fest turned out really well. We were sold out with a ton of people begging to get just one more ticket. That is good news. My "job" for the fest was decor. All went well. It still looked like a cafeteria but it looked like a cafeteria in the middle of a park and that's what we were going for. There were 350 people and then the wine reps and the staff, so it was a big crowd. I got to help at the ticket taking and helping people sign up for the wine seminars. This was quite funny, because I was no help at all. I don't know what they do at those things. One of my fellow classmates filled me in and I was able to help out a bit more. My favorite thing was when I was helping to serve food. Walking around with a silver plate of chicken salsa on tortilla chips. It was really fun to interact with guest and have a little fun with them. There were quite a few drunken people at the end of the night but most of them were responsible and took advantage of our designated driver program. My least favorite part was at the end of the night walking around picking up hundreds of used wine glasses. The smell of wine is rancid and there were over a 100 types of wines to be tasted. I am very relieved that it is over and everything is returned and nothing I rented broke.

Here are some of the other things that have been going down as of late. Today was one of the most beautiful days since I have been here. I went for a run down to my favorite part of the beach and to my surprise the tide was so far out. I love when the tide is low. You get to walk out there and see sea life. I finished my run and when I got home I grabbed my camera and headed back, but in my car. I LOVE starfish and they were everywhere. I didn't know starfish come in the color purple, but they do! As I was at the beach I really realized what a wonderful place I have been able to live in. This truly has been a once in a life time opportunity, to be here in BEAUTIFUL B.C. I always take everything for granted. I have only been here for a short time but I have taken this opportunity for granted and I need to stop and take it all in before I go back home. Which by the way Julie will be here in ONE MONTH. I am super excited for her to come and visit me. Once I drop her off in Seattle my dear friend Brad Wake will be driving down to Utah with me. I am so excited not to have to drive home alone.




I had some chocolate pudding and well, sometimes it taste better on Crepes.
What a great day. This is taken from my skylight window.
I had a midterm the Tuesday of the week of the wine fest and it was a really stressful time for me, and all I wanted was cake once the midterm was over. This is just one cake mix and two different pans. It is all gone and it was oh so good. I did share, so I didn't eat it all by myself, just most of it.
At the beach today
If you look closely there are 3 starfish on that rock. They are holding on for dear life. I tried to pick up several to put them back in the water but all of them were really hard and stuck to the rock.

I drove down to another favorite beach of mine. It has some sand. I only found two small starfish but it was still beautiful.

3 comments:

Ray and Lisa said...

I love the pictures! The starfish look big, I always thought they were smaller than that. I am glad that you have had the opportunity to be in such a beautiful place, and that you are taking it all in. You will have great memories of this time in B.C. We love you tons!!!

Michael Barney said...

Glad the wine tasting festival went well! And that Brad is going to drive down with you...and that you could run down to the beach...and that you're enjoying your last month there... Those are some pretty sweet pictures you got of those starfish! I've never seen any that even come close to as cool as that! Enjoy your time there!

Anonymous said...

My word- those starfish in the first picture (on starfish) look GIGANTIC... please don't tell me they were that big, right? :)
And you're coming back soon, which makes me happy.
Enjoy the rest of your time there!
Keshia