I want to make a big SHOUT OUT to the best PARENTS EVER!!!! It all started in mid July when I was driving around P-town and loving life with my Air Conditioned car. Then all of a sudden out of no where my A/C just died. A little piece of my heart went with it. For the rest of the summer my heart had to work a little harder to keep myself cool, in the HOT summer days. When fall came I was so happy because I didn't need A/C or heat. I was loving life. Then it got a little chilly and I had no heat. The blower in the car went out and that's why no A/C and that also meant no heat. It wasn't really bad until about Monday of this week, when it started to snow A LOT!! My dear Dad worries a lot about me. You know, I'm still single and 25 and after being sick for awhile he tends to worry more about me. My parents PAID the big bucks and got my heater/ A/C fixed at our local Cleggs Auto Care. My Dad would ask "Shay, how do you drive to work every morning in the cold and the weather?" This is my response to him "Dad, I made my own heater. I have some gloves, a beanie and a large coat on. I scrape the windows really good and then if I need to defrost I roll down my window and that seems to do the trick." No wonder he worries about me and why I keep getting sick. Thank you so so much, best Christmas gift ever. Now when I'm in my car and the heat is on I feel like I'm in paradise and don't even notice the fact that it's snowing.
Driving to work and working the defrost!
My dear sister Marie Matthews (soon to be Lopez) finally announced her wedding plans. I've been dying to know. I love weddings and I am just so happy for her and Ed. You can find out all the goods at Marie and Ed or ednmarie.com for all the good news. I am so excited to see their happy wedding in London England on August 18, 2009. I have got to get a passport!! YAHOO!! Marie and Ed, I am so happy for you and love you both every much!
This is Marie and Ed on their latest adventure in Ireland!
I live in a really fun place and I really love all the people that come to visit our apartment. Here are a few pictures of what has been happening in the past month. I will put a caption above each one and try to explain all the good stuff that you're seeing.
Jeremy, Shayla, and Mike. We went to Temple Square to look at the lights. It was wonderful. Two of my favorite boys..... (I mean Men). 
While at Temple Square with said men, I saw a dear friend that is serving her mission there. Sister Rader! It was so good to see her. What a wonderful surprise.
I love this picture of the Salt Lake Temple. You wonder what the fog is? Well, it's Mike and Jeremy breathing. It turned out really cool. Thanks Boys!
Happy Birthday Kat! My roommate and good friend Kat turned 26 years old on Dec. 26, 2008. A group of close friends all went out to Ice Cream.
This is at our Apartment Christmas exchange party. The prompt for this picture was Ty Pennington is coming, Move that bike. We watch Extreme Makeover House Edition every day and I'm in love with Ty Pennington.
This is Brad. He always needs my roommate Megan. You would think they were dating if you saw them together. He is crazy for not dating her. We walked in the other day and this is what we found. Yes, we placed the record there for our own enjoyment. 
I took this picture in Boston and I had it blown up and gave it to Mike. He also loves Boston.
Megan and her Hat box I gave her for Christmas. We also replaced her key she lost to the apartment.
Suzanne got this Lion from Megan for Christmas. There is a really funny story behind this so please ask, I love to tell it.
Here I am with all my goods. I love black socks, but I only had one pair so Megan got me some. She also got me the movie The Pursuit of Happyness. Kat was kind enough to get me a Moleskin planner I've been wanting. Suzanne got me an air hockey set so she can beat me. Ha!!
3 comments:
wow. sounds like the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!
oh yay, i loved the post. And I miss you. Hope everything is going well back at home!
You will have to tell me the story behind the lion when I get back....looks like you guys had tons of fun!
Post a Comment