Wednesday, April 13, 2011

This semester is just about over and I thought it would never end. It's been about the four of the longest months of my life. You may think "Shayla, I have heard that before." Yes, well the four months in Canada were pretty long. I think winter semesters are always long, but I feel like once this semester is over I will be free. I only have 15 more credits until I graduate and my 18credit load will be over. I will never take 18 credits at a time again. What was I thinking? This just proves, yet again the Lord knows me better than I know myself. I can't believe I am still alive to finish this semester. I am stronger than I realize. Here are some highlights of what I have learned this semester. They don't all have to do with school, I have learned more about myself, life, school and everything. I feel like I have taken 18 credits in every aspect of my life in these past four months.

I have learned.....
  • Heavenly Father will answer your prayers. Be careful what you ask for ....you just might get it.
  • The Lord really does know what is best
  • Don't forget to count your blessings....all the time. It will help you with life in general
  • I have always known but they have once again confirmed it...I HAVE THE BEST FAMILY IN THE WORLD!!!
  • Patients in all aspects of my life
  • Enjoy time with people you love and don't take it for granted
  • Listen more, talk less
  • How to make wild lamb from New Zealand
  • How to skin and debone a salmon
  • Too many late nights and waking up for 7 am class, you will get sick
  • My roommates put up with a lot of crap from me
  • Biking is the best thing in the world to release stress
  • You have no control over people and their free agency, even when it affects you
There are a LOT of other things that I have learned but these are some of the highlights.

1 comment:

Ray and Lisa said...

You are a very strong person. Thanks for teaching us all a little bit more about life! I agree that you have the best family in the world!!!

We love you!!!