I know it's been about a week since I have updated my blog. I finally got my Internet to work at work, so now I have time. School is almost over and I can't wait to graduate. It has taken me a while but finally the time has come. Yesterday I had dinner at my new found friend’s house, Jim and Joyce Parker. My friend and I meet them the other week and they were kind enough to have us and a couple of others over for dinner. My first time trying chicken curry! It wasn't too bad. While we were there Joyce was drilling everyone about school and life in general and when it was my turn I thought I had this one in the bag but she asked a lot of why questions.
"Why don't you go on a mission, you should go on a mission?" "Have you thought about going on a mission?" I was like WOW. I told her that I already thought and prayed about it and then she was like does it saying anything about it in your Patriarchal Blessing. My answer to all of these comments and questions was I am supposed to finish school!! Then she started asking me about what I was going to do after graduating with my associates’ degree and well I don't know once again. For right now I feel content. I know that I need to figure that out but I am OK with just working over the summer and vacationing (which I have not really been able to do the past 3 summers). In the fall I won't go to school (I don't think) life is subject to change. I am hoping to become a certified Special Olympic coach. This is my goal for the summer. I want to certify in cycling and maybe volleyball. On Friday I took the morning off and went on a bike ride in the snow and froze (that was not my idea to go even though it was snowing, I won't mention any names but we’ll just call him Spencer C. no let’s say S. Cahoon! (Name that movie)) It was really fun. Minus the fact that when I took my bike in the shop it came out with the seat a little higher than it was when I took it in. That was so uncomfortable. Then I went to a service activity with handicapped children. Oh, my goodness it was so fun. Those kids were so cute I can't even handle it. I fell in love with this one kid named Nathan. He has Down Syndrome and we had so much fun. We played red rover, duck duck goose, and ring around the rosy. Then they had pizza for them and we colored. It was so much fun. Funny story: I was holding on to one of the kids hands while we were playing ring around the rosy and he turned to me and said " Is that your boyfriend?" and pointed to my friend that I went with. The funny thing is that the only time we were even near each other was right when we walked in. I just thought it was funny that he even knew we knew each other even though we hadn't talked or been by each other besides walking into the room together. Kids say the funniest things.
2 comments:
I'ts the "Mormon" Pride and Prejudice (collins says it while bearing his testimony)! I win! I knew the answer! YAY for me!
-Alicia (your favorite sibling)
Working with kids can sure be a lot of fun, can't it? You know, I had a dream about being called on another mission just last night...hmmmm...odd.
Post a Comment